Sunday, November 1, 2020

Piggy Kornered

 Kitty Kornered is one of my all time favorite Porky cartoons. The gags whirl on at an incessant pace, the backgrounds are gorgeous (if not garish at times), and the acting is superb.

My favorite scene is by Rod Scribner: Porky is booted from his own humble abode by four pesky cats who refuse to be put outside. Thus, Porky launches into a tirade, ranting and raving about how he's gonna tear those cats "eh-leh-leh-limb from uh-luh-leh-leh-leeah-limb!" 

I've broken down the scene below: it's not entirely frame by frame, but it's close enough. Get a load of how gorgeous these are!



Just look at that face!


I really love the hands here. You can also physically feel his muscles straining in his face!


This below reminds me of something he'd animate during his days in Cal Dalton's unit. Son of a beh-beh-bih-eh-bih-eh--gun!


Such a great blend of cute and sadistic! Look at those giant pupils!


My only complaint is that it fades out too fast. I know you have to cut him off eventually, but these faces are too good to miss!













































No comments:

Post a Comment

Permission to Come Aboard, Captain!

 I’ve been waiting my whole life to join the Krusty Krew... and now I’m ready! That‘s right! I’m so, SO excited to announce that I’m officia...