Saturday, October 24, 2020

Gruesome Backgrounds

 Bob Clampett's A Gruesome Twosome is my favorite Tweety cartoon. It's filled to the brim with gorgeous animation, snappy pacing, and gorgeous backgrounds.






Here are some shots that aren't as clean, but still just as gorgeous. I love the perspective and lighting on that first one.





Tom McKimson gets the layout credit, whereas Michael Sasanoff is responsible for the background paintings. Sasanoff soon departed the studio to head into the advertising biz. Interestingly, in the credits for this cartoon, Mel Blanc doesn't receive a voice credit--a credit for A.C. Gamer's effects animation takes its place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Permission to Come Aboard, Captain!

 I’ve been waiting my whole life to join the Krusty Krew... and now I’m ready! That‘s right! I’m so, SO excited to announce that I’m officia...