Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Elmer's Pet Rabbit Backgrounds

 Today is a great day for avid Looney Tunes fans such as myself. Another batch of classic Looney Tunes shorts have been dumped on HBOMax, including a plethora of restored cartoons. As in, even including Harman-Ising and two-strip Freleng shorts restored!


One of which that released today is Elmer's Pet Rabbit, which has some absolutely gorgeous backgrounds.


John McGrew did the layouts, and Paul Julian painted them. Gene Fleury would replace Paul Julian as Chuck Jones' background painter, prompting Julian to move over to the Freleng unit around late 1941.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Permission to Come Aboard, Captain!

 I’ve been waiting my whole life to join the Krusty Krew... and now I’m ready! That‘s right! I’m so, SO excited to announce that I’m officia...